Engaging with the business community
Our BID members asked to see greater engagement of the whole business community; so our main focus will be to support all sectors of the business community in Saffron Walden in a number of ways.
We aim to:
• Develop a seminar programme, Walden Workshops, enabling businesses to share best practice and advice on all aspects of business.
• Continue to be the voice of the town centre community sharing ideas and advice through regular communication channels.
• Investigate local discounts for BID members.
• Facilitate connections between levy payers for mutual benefit.
• Investigate the introduction of a SW BID gift card scheme.
• Work with the local town council on the development of pop up shops/markets stalls
• Investigate opportunities for co-working spaces, attracting the work from home community.
• Work with the local and regional media to profile BID members on a regular “business profile page”.
• Investigate and help facilitate shared delivery services.
• Work with the district council on delivering and implementing the Clean Air Project initiatives, including zero emission delivery services, e-cargo bikes etc.